Thursday, September 26, 2013

Preparing the Clowns I Chose to Paint on My Face

It was a new experience for me to draw something the exact way but bigger.  I found that it was easier than I thought it would be to do this.
I first chose my favorite clown from each of the three different clown types.


I chose this one as my favorite Auguste Clown because I really like how the eyes turned out. 


I chose this one for the Tramp Clown because I wanted to do a sad face on one of my clowns. 


I chose this one for my Whiteface Clowns because I wanted to do one that had more details but also scary.  This is definitely my favorite of the three of the clowns that I chose to do. 

The next step was to paint the bigger drawings of the three clowns I drew the exact way and color that they were painted on the smaller picture of the clown.




When looking at the smaller pictures of the clowns and the larger pictures that I painted, I was proud of myself for matching the colors to the best of my ability.

The last step for this part of the work was to draw the same clown drawings on an outline of my own face so I could be prepared to paint them on my face in the upcoming classes.




On some of these pictures, it is hard to see some of my drawings but I think I did well transferring from a cartoon style face to my face.  I am getting excited to be ready and paint my face as all three of these clowns!

No comments:

Post a Comment